At GCNYC we believe that a university education is an investment for a brighter future. If you have the talent, ability and drive to study with us, we want to help you make the most of the opportunity, regardless of your financial circumstances.
As part of our institutional commitment to furthering the Common Good – and with the equally strong desire to build a diverse academic community made up of the most passionate students – we are proud to offer a number of merit-based scholarships.
Scholarships for 2019
If you have any questions or inquiries regarding scholarships available for 2018, please feel free to contact the GCNYC Admissions Team via phone or email at your earliest convenience.
Current Scholarships Available
All students are eligible to apply for merit-based scholarships. These scholarships can cover a substantial portion of tuition over the course of the degree as long as you remain continuously enrolled.
Fair Fashion Fellowships
Fellowship based scholarships are available for individuals who demonstrate exceptional potential, promise and commitment to working to change the fashion industry from the inside out. Recipients will have substantial tuition coverage, as well as gain hands on experience in research and in practice with collaborators of the Fair Fashion Center.
Students joining the inaugural class are eligible to apply for merit-based Founding Class Scholarships. These scholarships can cover a substantial portion of tuition over the course of the degree as long as you remain continuously enrolled.
Applicants who wish to be considered for a scholarship should make the selection in the application process. Once your program application has been received, directions and links to apply for a scholarship will follow.
The application to be considered for a scholarship entails:
- An essay of up to 1,000 words answering the question: "How do you view the intersection of profitability and sustainability as it pertains to present day industry and models of business?"
- Two additional letters of reference that address the applicant’s unique qualifications for the scholarship.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled for a total of 20 credits per year;
- Students may be part time or full time; however, priority is given to full time students;
- Scholarship recipients must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress as defined by the College Catalog