The Master of Science (MS) in Risk, Resilience and Integrity Management degree at Glasgow Caledonian New York College (GCNYC) teaches students how to analyze risk as an opportunity for growth and change. This risk management program can be completed on a full or part-time basis with classes held in the evenings. As New York City’s College for the Common Good, GCNYC’s graduate degrees foster an innovative academic community, ready to harness the power of business to make a positive impact on the world.
In this research-based graduate program, you will gain holistic knowledge as well as practical skills to navigate the complexities of risk and integrity management. Our unique approach to enterprise risk examines aspects of crisis and data management, business continuity, and corporate social impact. All organizations need risk management professionals who can thrive on the challenges of globalization, new technologies and the increasing demands to be conscious of sustainability.
Do you have any specific questions or want to learn more about our risk degree? Fill out the below form and GCNYC Admissions will be in touch!
This Master of Science degree is designed for individuals interested in risk and integrity management as an opportunity for strategic innovation and to contribute to the Common Good. Our holistic program provides excellent preparation for leadership roles related to entrepreneurial risk management, corporate social responsibility and internal (corporate) risk management. Risk management roles are also increasingly intertwined with integrity management, strategic sustainability and Environmental Social Governance (ESG) strategy initiatives. GCNYC’s program is especially strong in this regard providing a comprehensive understanding of sustainable business practices and risk management through a holistic lens.
The Risk, Resilience and Integrity Management degree at GCNYC can be completed on a part-time basis in 16 months with one to two classes weekly or on a full-time basis in 12 months with three weekly classes. All classes take place in the evenings either online or at our SoHo campus to cater to working professionals. Note: international students on a F-1 student visa must be full-time students.
See below for more specific information on the course curriculum, and learn more about enrolling in the Master’s in Risk, Resilience and Integrity Management degree program at Glasgow Caledonian New York College.
Our Risk, Resilience and Integrity program provides new possibilities for innovative business management that closely considers risk and social impact. GCNYC leverages the long-standing reputation of our parent institution Glasgow Caledonian University as a global leader in education while also maintaining our unique identity as a change-making academic community here in New York City.
Our diverse group of highly motivated students come from all over the world to study and research enterprise risk and integrity management here at GCNYC. Small class sizes ensure meaningful interactions with professors and guest speakers, and risk management students take core courses with students across our master’s programs providing interdisciplinary opportunities to understand different perspectives. GCNYC students learn from compassionate faculty who can straddle academic theory and real-world experience, and their student cohort who refuse to compromise between career success and the Common Good.
At Glasgow Caledonian New York College, we are dedicated to excellence in applied research. Our faculty participate in applied research as both academics and practitioners in their fields. Much of the coursework is built from case studies and industry research to help students connect challenges in risk management to their own research and careers. Our risk management degree culminates in a master’s-level thesis, a model common to business schools in the UK.
GCNYC provides students with the resources to develop their own applied research process and contribute to the field of risk and integrity management research. Completing a master’s-level thesis demonstrates your ability to ask important questions about the field and explore the balance between profitability and sustainability—all skills that would be valuable to future employers or starting your own enterprise.
The primary goal of this program is to provide a broad, analytical and integrative study of Risk. Specifically, the educational aims are:
- To critically examine the implications for businesses of recent and future changes in the global business environment by applying a range of analytical tools and frameworks for assessment and development of a firm’s strategic capability, competences and competitive position in a variety of global settings.
- To appraise the causes and consequences of shifting contours of global politics, economics, and social developments, and their implications for organizational leadership and responsible management.
- To identify and evaluate organizational factors affecting leadership, including structure, culture and sources of power, devising a strategic leadership-development plan.
- To demonstrate advanced conceptual and theoretical understanding of resilience and Business Continuity principles and their practical application, including business impact assessment and crisis management.
- To design and implement enterprise level risk management and drive value from risk management for business operations and integration with strategy.
- To demonstrate a systematic understanding of the nature of corporate ethics, compliance, governance, and accountability.
- To critically evaluate literature and select and utilize appropriate qualitative and quantitative methodologies in the formulation of research.
- To develop a proposal, conduct empirical research, present an intellectually robust and evidence-based analysis, and develop appropriate recommendations.