At GCNYC we believe that a university education is an investment for a brighter future. If you have the talent, ability and drive to study with us, we want to help you make the most of the opportunity, regardless of your financial circumstances.
As part of our institutional commitment to furthering the Common Good – and with the equally strong desire to build a diverse academic community made up of the most passionate students – we are proud to offer a number of merit-based scholarships.
Current Scholarships Available for Fall 2017
Founding Class Scholarships
Students joining the inaugural class are eligible to apply for merit-based Founding Class Scholarships. These scholarships cover $14,400 in tuition over the course of the degree ($450 per credit) as long as you remain continuously enrolled.
Fair Fashion Fellowships
Full scholarships are available for individuals who demonstrate exceptional potential, promise and commitment to working to change the fashion industry from the inside out. Recipients will have 100% of their tuition covered, as well as gain hands-on experience in research and in practice with collaborators of the Fair Fashion Center.
Applicants who wish to be considered for a scholarship should make the selection in the application process. Once your program application has been received, directions and links to apply for a scholarship will follow.
The application to be considered for a scholarship entails:
- An essay of up to 1,000 words answering the question: “What should a quantum redesign of the fashion industry look like – and how will you help to make this happen?”
- A brief description of up to 200 words on your potential dissertation topic, as it is related to the work of the Fair Fashion Center.
(Note that you will not be required to work on this topic and you will receive ample help in structuring your research, but we are interested in your initial research interests and do expect scholarship recipients to focus their dissertation within the academic areas covered by the Fair Fashion Center.)
- Two additional letters of reference that address the applicant’s unique qualifications for the scholarship.
- Scholarship holders must be enrolled for a minimum of five modules (20 credits) per year.
- Full and part-time students are invited to apply for scholarships. Applicant’s enrolled full time will be reviewed and considered first. Non-matriculating students (individuals taking courses rather than pursuing a degree) are not applicable to apply.
- The scholarship covers 100% of tuition and fees for the recognition of prior learning. Other fees, including the application fee, lost ID fees, etc., will be the responsibility of the student.
- If the student does not make satisfactory academic progress towards their degree or does not enroll or register, they may no longer use the title;
- The scholarship holder agrees that GCNYC can use their name, image, title, and research work for marketing and publicity purposes.
- Scholarship holders also agree to actively support and participate in Fair Fashion Center activities.